West Texas Credit Union® began in a small room in the ECISD Administration building in 1953. At that time we were known as Ector County Independent School Employee’s Credit Union. Since then, we have expanded our facilities to include the downtown Lee office, a branch on 52nd Street, and our newest branch, Headquarters in East Odessa. Today, our field of membership has grown tremendously since we are now open to the community and are welcoming any individual, regardless of employment, to join our family. Currently our membership is close to 5000 and growing. Our field of membership includes:
- Persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in Ector, Pecos, Crane, Andrews, Ward, Winkler, or Midland counties
- Employees of ECISD, Odessa College, UTPB, Crane ISD, Rankin ISD, McCamey ISD, and Big Bend Area schools
- Employees of the City of Fort Stockton, Interfirst Bank Odessa, and Texas Agricultural Extension Services
- Persons who live within a 10 mile radius of this credit union's main office or any additional offices
- Students of UTPB and/or Odessa College
- Persons who are receiving retirement, pension, or other benefits as a result of prior employment by any business or organization included in this field of membership
- Members of the family of such persons listed above
To provide unique financial services to our field of membership by educating the community through deep personal connection and extraordinary measures to achieve financial independence and excellence.
To achieve the highest quality financial services for our field of membership through all life events.
Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Service